Emma was called to the Bar in HK in 2002 and joined K M Chong’s Chambers in 2003. Emma’s practice encompasses a broad range of commercial and civil litigation, with a particular emphasis on traditional chancery and real property law. She also has a particular interest and experience in Chinese customary law and disputes over land in the New Territories.
Emma is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and an accredited mediator of CEDR.
- Real property including conveyancing matters, mortgages, landlord and tenant, building management, easements and rights of way, adverse possession claims and other torts relating to land.
- Traditional chancery practice including trusts (both public and private trusts), wills and probate disputes, administration of estates.
- Chinese customary law
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Commercial chancery disputes
- Company and insolvency law
- Conflict of laws and private international law
professional memberships & Appointments
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (since 2017)
- Mediator listed on the HKMAAL General Panel of Mediators (since 2014)
- Member of Appeals Tribunal of The Hong Kong Federation of Insurers (since 2013)
- CEDR Accredited Mediator (since 2010)
- Call: 2001 (UK); 2002 (HK)
education & training
- LL.M (Maritime Law), National University of Singapore (2016)
- LL.M (Commercial and Corporate Law), University of London (2006)
- Bar Vocational Course, University of West of England, Bristol (2001)
- LL.B Hons, Manchester Metropolitan University (1999)